TOP 10 KITCHEN ORGANIZING TIPS
Organizing a kitchen is not about moving things from one cabinet to another. It takes a little bit more wits than that. Let’s have a look at 10 practical kitchen organizing tips. Feel free to apply these to other rooms in your house that may also need some TLT (tender-loving-tidying).
1. Clean Out Your Cabinets: Set aside everything that you haven’t used in the last 6 months, or anything that you have two of for no good reason at all. Either toss these out or, if in good condition, give them to someone in need. Take a moment to wipe down your shelves before returning items to them. A shelf liner is a simple way to add interest and brighten the cabinets and drawers.
2. Transfer Everything to clear containers: Label the containers and if needed, cut out the cooking instructions and place it inside the container.
3. Organize your Cabinet: What you use daily should be upfront. You can organize the rest by theme, e.g., breakfast, baking, baby food, smoothie ingredients etc. Besides looking good, this is also a timesaver.
4. Color Coordinate the Containers in Your Cabinets: Uniformity inspires calmness. Use a set of similar-looking containers for a uniform clean look.
5. Store Your Cutting Boards Vertically: See if they fit in a magazine rack before storing them in your cabinet.
6. Built-in Oven Drawer: Use it to store large items like the 9×13” lasagna Pyrex or your stock pot.
7. Store and Keep Your Fresh Herbs Longer: Finely chop and store them in small containers in the freezer. Alternatively, you can store and freeze them in ice cube trays. When ready to cook you just take out the number of cubes that you need.
8. Store the wine glasses up top: Unless used frequently, these are safer up high, which frees up space below for other things.
9. Position Your Mug Handles In The Same Direction: This saves space and looks more orderly.
10. Give Everything a Fixed Location: Not only will it be easier to find things, but when you’re in a hurry you won’t be turning your cabinet upside down and disorganized it all over again.
So that’s it. 10 organizing tips for your kitchen. Pick a day to start on this project and before you know it, your kitchen will be sparkling again.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
If you’d like more tips or need assistance with organizing your home, please feel free to reach out to us. Helping people improve their lives through organization is what we love to do.